Register NOW for the 2019 PLC safety Trainings!
PLC Safety Training:
PLC Safety trainings are a benefit for PLC membership for all employees. We encourage participation yearly to ensure a culture of safety is fostered by all of our PLC members. The training classes are held conveniently throughout the state at the garages of a hosting PLC member. Breakfast and lunch are served. Topics change yearly based on the biggest risks identified by the insurance industry and topics that are requested by contractors. Our safety training’s qualify for CLP credit for renewal. We will notify the CLP of your participation.
Since 2011 Number of PLC member employees at the Spring Safety Trainings?
PLC Sample Safety Policy Documents
- Trucking & Logging Road Safety Alert (English)
- Trucking & Logging Road Safety Alert (French)
- Trucking & Logging Road Safety Alert (Spanish)
- PLC Safety Meeting Guide
- Safety Plan Template: Employee Safety & Training Manual
- Safety Meeting Checklist
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements
- PLC Hearing Conservation Plan
- General Guidelines for Hearing Protection
- First Aid for Loggers
- Blood Borne Pathogen Procedure
- Safety Plan for Sole Proprietors
- Field Safety Inspection for Conventional Loggers
- Field Safety Inspection for Mechanical Harvesters
Helpful External Safety Links
- US DOT Distracted Driving
- National Timber Harvesting and Transportation Foundation
- OSHA’s The Cold Stress Equation
- OSHA’s Heat Safety Mobile App
- CAT Safety
- CAT Safety Videos
- WorkSafeBC Videos
- Logging Safety Links from LoggingSafety.com
- LifeFlight of Maine Industry Registration
Cross Insurance Loss Control Services has scheduled a series of trainings on numerous safety-related topics for January-December 2018 that are open to PLC Members. Classes fill up fast, so early registration is encouraged. Click the link below for more information on classes and registration.
Safety, Our #1 Priority
Since the PLC of Maine started 23 years ago, there are several initiatives that have benefited the membership and the logging industry in Maine. One initiative is the Acadia Insurance Dividend Program, which has returned over $10.5 million to PLC members since its inception in 1999.
The PLC takes the issue of safety seriously and encourages PLC members to commitment to safety, not only to reap the benefits of the Dividend Program, but to protect employees, lower costs and sustain the longevity of businesses.
The PLC is committed to the safety and well being of its membership for the very same reasons. In the long run, if someone does not go home at night because of a life threatening injury, the risks do not outweigh the rewards.
Below you will find documents designed by the PLC to facilitate safety meetings, safety inspections, first aid procedures and many links helpful safety resources.