On behalf of (“Company”), as a member of the PLC/Acadia Insurance Dividend Program, I hereby authorize Acadia Insurance and/or its appointed agents to release information relating to my insurance policies with Acadia Insurance, including but not limited to premiums and loss history, to the Executive Director of the PLC. The Executive Director of the PLC will keep this information confidential and will not share company specific information with the Executive Board, Full Board, or individual members of the PLC. I acknowledge and agree that the fore- going authorization will remain valid as long as the Company remains a member of the PLC and the PLC/Acadia Insurance Dividend program, unless expressly revoked in writing to Acadia Insurance and the PLC. The undersigned certifies that he/she is duly authorized to sign this authorization on behalf of the Company. Signature required to participate in the dividend program.
Loggers Code of Practice: It is understood that all members of the PLC will adhere to its “Logger’s Code of Practice”. As a professional logging contractor, I will strive to operate in such a way as to engender the public’s trust including meeting or exceeding the standards and principles as follows:
• Promote ethical conduct for all loggers.
• Strive to always meet standards for harvesting practices, which are consistent with the principles
of sustainable forestry.
• To operate responsibly in all phases of the harvesting operation, from the actual harvesting
activities to clean-up requirements following the harvest.
• Recognizing private landowner rights, I will strive to meet the landowners objectives as long as they are consistent with sustainable forestry principles, federal, state and local laws.
• I will do all I can to educate and inform landowners, loggers and others about the need
to meet sustainable forestry principles.
• I will participate in the Northeast Master Logger, Certified Logging Professional, Qualified Logging Professional or other third party recognized program that will provide me with
recognition as having met the appropriate requirements for logger education and training as envisioned by sustainable forestry principles.
•Comply with all federal, state and local laws and regulations, industry standards and guidelines applicable to the conduct of forest harvest operations.
• Conduct harvest operations in a safe manner which are in compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration regulations including safety planning and all provisions of such requirements.
• To operate my company profitably as a responsible member of the business community including compliance with all requirements and practices as they relate to my employees, vendors and others I do business with.
• Continually strive to maintain positive relationships with landowners, procurement and mill personnel and the public in general.
• Do my part to assure that my industry has a positive image and to work with peer groups, logger associations and others to strive to bring all loggers up to these standards.
• Strive to continually improve my operations through training, innovation, employee
programs and other appropriate means.
• Act responsibly to uphold the integrity of the logging profession.
If MORE than 50% of your employees attended a 2023 PLC Spring Safety Training, then there are no dues required from your company for the 2024 membership year. However, we do need you to fill out the renewal application.